Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Adept at adapt. Or is it the other way round?

As is, as is. Inspired by the country's almost-two x six-year-cycles of schooling, I've thought that perhaps life, or my life comes or works in six-year cycles. With the sixth year turning up better results. Me and an ex-classmate did have such a talk after our exams once, haha. 

I guess you may consider this a sort of a marker or delimiter?

In this case, then, if we are what we do and have devoted ourselves to, then, well, regardless, the sixth year of this cycle has been quite a mess -- actually that's not quite right, you will deliver results*, anyway. Now if you buy this, I've become impeccable at bumming, at reading double entendres in song lyrics, at asking for permission to love, at looking up postal codes on Google Maps (I've come back to being a shallow superuser, although Google's offerings have changed since I was a younger enthuse.), at being effortlessly aware of the body's sensations leading up to common and not-so-common ailments. 

This was in the context of what I was allowed to do, and allowed myself to do.

Now, like a good Buddhist, it's my duty to of course tell you that kamma is more mysterious than this and please for fucks sake continue with your life without depending too much on almanacs. Cue Liao Fan's four lessons https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liao-Fan%27s_Four_Lessons?wprov=sfla1

Disclaimer- I'm not a monastic nor a billionaire nor a fengshui teacher. For relevant teachings, please approach the experts.

*If you haven't gotten it, the question is, what will you deliver results on?

No comments:

Post a Comment